Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Primal Wound



Following on from yesterdays post, The Power of Words, Find Your Family highly recommend the above book The Primal Wound by Nancy Newton Verrier. A moving and honest study by an adoptive mother who looks deeply into the bonds of birth and attachment. Cliché it may well be but you may well find yourself within the pages of this book. 

"The Primal Wound is a book which is revolutionizing the way we think about adoption. In its application of information about pre- and perinatal psychology, attachment, bonding, and loss, it clarifies the effects of separation from the birth mother on adopted children. In addition, it gives those children, whose pain has long been unacknowledged or misunderstood, validation for their feelings, as well as explanations for their behavior."





1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, if you are an adopted person, this book is better than any therapy you may be tempted to have. I have never had therapy but this book changed my life for the better by making me realise why I was the way I was. It has also benefitted those people who are related to adopted people.

    ReplyDelete